baltphoto / Elena Yakovleva
After extinguishing the fire in the apartment of house number 22, building 1 on Demyan Bedny Street in St. Petersburg, rescuers found two bodies: an 80-year-old woman and her 59-year-old son. The fire in the apartment broke out on the evening of April 27.
As became known "Moike78", apartment is two-room, located on the ninth floor of the house. According to preliminary information, the mother and son died of carbon monoxide poisoning. No traces of thermal damage were found on the corpses.
The cause of the fire is being clarified. Neighbors said that the pensioner suffered from dementia, and her son abused alcohol, during the Soviet era was tried. In the house the deceased lived from the moment of its construction.