Lukashenka spoke about dairy and meat battles with Russia

President of Belarus Alexander Lukashenko said that world trade wars were reflected in Russian-Belarusian relations in the form of dairy, sugar and meat battles. This is stated in his message to the Belarusian people and the National Assembly.

According to the president, strategic rivalry and competition between countries have become commonplace phenomena. “We do not have to go far for examples – take at least dairy and meat battles, sugar, which our closest partner arranges, blocking access to natural Belarusian products on its market,” Lukashenko said.

He believes that in conditions when the world trade system “actually breaks down”, the peace-loving and balanced foreign policy of all countries is particularly relevant.

“For our allies, Belarus, with its social and political consent, interfaith peace and policy, which is problem-free for neighbors and other states, is a special value,” Lukashenko said.

In February, the Rosselkhoznadzor announced the restriction of the supply of dairy products from Belarus. Initially, the ban was to enter into force on February 26, but later it was postponed to March 15.

On March 13, Deputy Prime Minister Arkady Dvorkovich said that Russia does not produce about 25% of milk from the required volume for domestic consumption. The day before the restrictions began, on March 14, Rosselkhoznadzor was informed that they would not prohibit deliveries.

Since April 10, Rosselkhoznadzor has imposed a ban on the supply of pork from Belarus. The department said that restrictions are introduced after the genetic material of the African swine fever virus (ASF) was found in meat products.

Lukashenka spoke about dairy and meat battles with Russia

Nikol Pashinyan (Photo: Artem Geodakyan / TASS)

In the Ministry of Construction named the city-applicants for renovation

Renovation of dilapidated housing can be implemented in St. Petersburg, Yekaterinburg, Novosibirsk, Krasnodar, Rostov and Sochi. This was announced by Russian Construction Minister Mikhail Men.

“(Renovation experience) can be scaled only for large entities with high investment attractiveness of land plots for residential development,” the minister said.

According to him, the ministry is studying the experience gained as a result of the renovation in Moscow, in order to draft a bill on a new principle of resettlement of emergency housing.

Earlier, the ministry noted that the mechanism for resettlement of emergency housing should be earned from January 1, 2019. According to the latest data, the program for resettlement of emergency housing, which was recognized as an emergency until 2012, is 98% complete. However, since then, the number of houses that fell into the category of emergency, increased by 44 thousand.

Recall that in early 2017, Moscow authorities announced a renovation program, which provides for the demolition of several thousand apartment buildings in the city, primarily five-story buildings. In the final list were 5 144 houses. They live about a million people. The authorities promised that Muscovites would receive new apartments with the same number of rooms that they had before.